Use the form below to search for documents in this web containing specific words or combinations of words. The text search engine will display a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first. Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is displayed. A brief explanation of the more complex query language is available below, along with examples. When you navigate to any item on that list, remember you can get back to the index by clicking on the left-facing arrow at the top of your Explorer screen.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with parentheses. For example:
- infant baptism
- finds documents containing 'infant' or 'baptism'
- infant or baptism
- same as above
- infant and baptism
- finds documents containing both 'infant' and 'baptism'
- infant not baptism
- finds documents containing 'infant' but not 'baptism'
- (infant not baptism) and CW
- finds documents containing 'CW', plus 'infant' but not 'baptism'
- finds documents containing words starting with 'Syn' (eg Synod!)